Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Non Cookbook

Yesterday we went to the library for my daughter to decorate her Christmas cookie. It was something that we had signed her up for before we found out about my gastroparesis. Well, I decided to browse through the "card catalog" (I really miss the old card catalogs) while I was there. I found a book that I will count as the biggest blessing ever! It is Living in the Raw Gourmet by Rose Lee Calabro. The recipes in the book are true raw recipes. I've run across a few others that have cooked foods in their recipes section. Not this one. They have recipes for lasagna, burgers, cranberry sauce, chili, and so much more that is making my mouth water just thinking about it! We are going to try the raw chili for Christmas Eve. We always have chili on Christmas Eve. It's tradition. I am so excited to try more recipes.
I tried one of the burger recipes on top of crackers. (We haven't fully transitioned yet, so we still have the regular water crackers that are super thin.) Oh, my goodness!!! I couldn't get enough of them! I about got sick from over eating because I could not get enough of the tastes. It was amazing. I can't wait to do more trials like this one. I am so excited to see what wondrous flavors can be combined to make healthy living food even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment