Monday, December 14, 2009

Health, What a Laugh

This can't be true. They must have made a mistake. It must have been someone else's test. Can it be? I am a 26 year old mother to one and wife to the most incredible husband on the planet. I have been blessed beyong measure, but the word health means nothing to me. I have been ill for most of my life, and now I get the news that the doctors have figured out why I have been so sick.
I have gastroparesis, an impairment of the stomach. It takes my stomach three times longer to digest food than the normal human stomach. This is the reason that I have missed out on so much in my life. This is the reason that my pregnancy was so horrible and ladden with trial after trial. And this is the reason that I will only be having one more baby.
To top it all off, my stomach has gotten to the point where it doesn't want to digest food any more. For the past two days I have been consuming raw food smoothies. They aren't too bad, but I miss my homemade casseroles topped with French fried onions and grated cheese. Even the aroma of such succulant dishes can turn my stomach.
And so it is for my health and the well being of my family that I turn now to a raw food diet. No longer will the sweet scent of chocolate chip cookies waft through the house. No, I have to resign myself to my fate. I have been told that this type of lifestyle is the healthiest way to be. All I can say in response is "I sure hope so."
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, anemia, migraines, IBS, gastroparesis, endometreosis, sinus tachicardia, and even depression (just to name a few). This is the turning point in my life where I have to take a stand and make a life altering decision. I just hope that I'm making the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment