Thursday, December 17, 2009

Good Days and Bad Days

I have found that the body does go through withdrawal symptoms when giving up cooked foods. This is making it difficult. I have my good days, and I have my bad days. Yesterday was a very good day. We went to the library. I found an amazing Non Cookbook to work with and order for myself. I had my Writer's Workshop Holiday Party. It was just a very good day. I didn't even need to take a nap like I have had to for the past five months.
Today was a bad day. My brain was so cranky. It felt like angry fuzz floating around in my head. It just wouldn't turn off. I took a nap, but it was only for about a half an hour (usually I'm out for two or three hours). I am feeling better now, and it does feel good to have the extra energy. I just never thought I would have to go through withdrawals like an addict. But I guess in a way we are all addicts. Each and every one of us is addicted to some type of cooked foods. I could really go for some onion rings, tortilla chips and salsa, or even just a burger. But my body is already to the point where I no longer get pleasure from these kinds of foods. At least not to the same degree. (I confess. I had a meatball and processed cheese last night at the party. Hey, for just starting out, I think I'm doing great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment