Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is It Possible?

For background information I will tell you that I used to weigh 128 pounds, and then I had my miracle baby. I dropped 14 pounds the first trimester because I couldn't keep anything down. It was horrible, but by the end of the pregnancy I weighed 174 pounds! My worst nightmare. After she was born I did drop a ton of water weight, but I ended up being 145 pounds. As she has grown, so has my weight. It made its way up to 155 pounds. Because of my gastroparesis, I have lost about five pounds in the last two and a half months. Okay, that's not so drastic.
In the last FOUR days, I have lost EIGHT pounds. I am down to 142 pounds. This is a weight that I haven't seen in a long time! And I feel great this morning. I do feel a little bloated (probably from the pizza last night), but other than that I feel amazing!
So I'm wondering, can I already be benefiting from the raw food diet?
And another thing, my body is starting to crave this food! I am looking forward to a cab age salad recipe that I found in one of Victoria Boutenko's books 12 Steps to Raw Foods. It actually sounds good to me right now. So do the mangoes in the fridge. I am craving raw foods right now like never before. I was drooling over the thought of my green smoothing this morning.
Is it possible to see such drastic changes in the first three days? I started on Saturday or Sunday and it's only Tuesday! Eight pounds already? And the best part, my stomach is smaller! There is less flab around my tummy. I didn't think that I would ever get rid of that. I have a six pack under my layer of fat, but no one can see it because of all the flab.
Oh, and I feel so good that I might be able to exercise. I haven't been able to do that in MONTHS! I miss it so much. You have no idea how much I miss being able to exercise. I used to teach two to three exercise classes a week. But now... I haven't really been able to do much of anything. It feels like there is now hope at the end of the tunnel. I have so much energy that I just might dive right into my exercise routine again. I know. I know. One step at a time. I don't want to do too much too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment